Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Chicago University.

Some eight months ago Mr. J. D. Rockefeller, of New York, originated the project of a university in Chicago. He at once communicated with the American Baptist Educational society to the effect that he would donate $600,000 as a nucleus for a college endowment fund. The conditions of his gift were that the money should not be used for purchasing a site or erecting buildings, but that the income should be used to defray current expenses. He also stipulated that $400,000 additional should be raised to be used for general purposes and the remainder to become a part of the endowment fund. Mr. Marshall Field has given ten acres of land valued at $100,000, for the site of the university. This gift has more than met the requirements for a beginning and it is expected that buildings will be in process of construction before the money is all contributed. The land together with the subscriptions, make a sum total of over a million dollars. The value of the site is not to be included in the $400,000 to be raised, but form a separate fund by itself. Nearly $30,000 have been raised during the past week.