Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Cambridge 20; English High 12.

Cambridge High and Latin Win the Championship.

A large crowd saw the deciding game of the interscholastic series yesterday afternoon on Jarvis field. The Cambridge High and Latin defeated the Boston English High by a score of 20 to 12.

The game was well played and hard fought to the end. The Cambridge rushers repeatedly broke through the opposing line and prevented the English High backs from making any gains; to this in a great measure is due the defeat of the English High. The backs of the latter team played well, Lowe especially.

Cambridge made 12 yards on the V and added 25 by the criss-cross. Raymond made a touch-down and Whitman kicked a goal. Score 6-0. Cambridge got the ball and by repeated rushes through the centre Raymond scored again. Score 10-0. The try for a goal failed and Thayer caught the ball and quickly added another touch-down, from which Whitman kicked a difficult goal. Score 16-0.

After this the English High braced up. Waler made a touchdown and Waler kicked the goal. Score 16-6.

In the second half Mahoney scored for the Boston school and Lowe kicked the goal. Score 16-12. Just before time was called Raymond was pushed over the line and also kicked the goal for Cambridge. The final score was 20-12.

The teams:

Cambridge High-rushers, Thayer, Benshimol, Bowdoin, Haines, Dyer, Paige, Arnold; quarter-back, R. Wrenn; halfbacks, Stark, Whitman; fullback, Raymond.

English High-rushers, Clark, Bullard, T, Manahan, J. Manahan, Cushing, Canston, Humphrey; quarter-back, Daman; halfbacks, Mahoney Waler; fullback, Lowe.