Yale's Report of the Game.

The following is taken from the account in the Yale News of Saturday's game:

"Saturday's game at Springfield, was one of the prettiest exhibitions of scientific football that has ever taken place. It is a little late to talk over what might have been done by Yale to turn the tide of the game in their favor, but the reasons may be practically summed up as follows: Crosby and Hartwell were no match for the men opposite them. Yale's fumbles were very costly. Harvard's interference was much more effective than any one expected it would be. Lewis at centre, although he played a hard and plucky game, did not inspire confidence in a team that had become accustomed to Holcomb's style of play. Harvard had two men for half-backs who were heavy enough to play in the rush line, and this they did whenever Yale tried to gain through the centre. Yale should have played a kicking game in the first half, when the wind was favorable, and should have tried the ends instead of the centre in the last ten minutes. As for the fluke by which Dean secured the ball and ran down a clean field, the only explanation is that he broke through and touched the ball as it was leaving Barbour's fingers, changed its course and was lucky enough to pick it up on the bound while he was running at full speed. The ball did not touch either of the Yale halfbacks during this play.

The men whose play deserves special mention for Yale are McClung and Heffelfinger, the former's running and tackling being especially good, while for Harvard, Cumnock, Newell, Lee, Corbett and Dean did the best work. All of Harvard's points were made within five minutes time and the sight of a team, with almost inevitable defeat staring them in the face, making a touch-down against an eleven flushed with victory and straining every effort to keep them from scoring, was an exhibition of dogged pluck and undismaved determination which was worth travelling miles to see and of which every Yale man may feel justly proud."