Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Advocate.

The verse in the fifth number of the Advocate is better than the prose. "To Pan," though a well worn theme, is pretty and melodious. The "Saga of Lake" is an exceedingly clever fragment which ought to have been signed. The "Secret of Love" deserves commendation, particularly for its form.

Of the stories, "Alexei's Rifle" has the best plot. A more skilful writer than most of us are could have made it a very striking piece of work. In its present form, however, it is creditable. The narrative drags a little after the shooting, where Ivan's somewhat rhetorical monologue might have been omitted to advantage.

"The Madonnas" is a well written story, in which, unlike the Russian tale, the interest depends on the telling rather than on the being told. The anecdote of the "Genius Firm" is not very successful.

Three of the four "College Kodaks" are good. The fourth is, however, on the well worn Memorial-Hall-waiter topic. Certainly it fulfills the suggestion made in the CRIMSON'S criticism of the last Advocate, that the "Kodaks" be confined to familiar college matters. This one is familiar with a vengeance!

The editorials are largely devoted to football matters; a song of exultation over the Springfield game, one upon the achievements of the second eleven, and some modified rapture over the freshman victory. A valuable suggestion is made in the paragraph on the management of athletic teams, in which the appointment of a permanent business manager is suggested. Other editorials deal with a point concerning the elective system and with the Yale Lit's recent remarks on the Kodak describing an exercise in English 12. The editorial expresses Mother Advocate's combined merriment and indignation.