Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Appleton Chapel.

Yesterday evening in Appleton Chapel, W. E. Huntington, D. D., of Boston University, preached an able sermon on Christian Life. His text was taken from Ephesians, 4th chapter, 13th verse. "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ."

Dr. Huntington said: The finest scholars, after taking a few steps in the course of their researches, always find themselves confronted by an impassible wall. They reach the end of human knowledge and feel the littleness of it. In such cases it is necessary to look higher, to have faith in the infinite wisdom of God.

Harvard College has always recognized the importance of imparting Christian instruction in connection with its other work. No matter how able, how intellectual and how well trained a man may be, he is greatly lacking unless he has Christian faith. In spite of the false standards of the world the true criterion of manliness of character is to be found in the Bible in the character of the manhest man that ever lived.

Dr. Huntington then spoke of the importance of high motives and the value of the power of resistance.

During the evening the evening the choir sang the following: Christmas Carols; Once in Royal David City-Gauntlett; When Christ was Born-Brown; Joy fills our Inmost Hearts-Gadsly.