Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Mr. Davis' Lecture.

Mr. Davis' lecture last night before fifty members of the Electric club was especially valuable and interesting to those who haved decided on electrical engineering as a profession. His advice to such was to begin in a factory and become conversant with details, whatever branch of electricity they might afterwards follow. Then he showed a number of specifications for lighting contracts and carefully went through these commenting on the principal points; giving the benefit of his experience in the different kinds of dynamos, lamps, fuses, wires, meters, etc. The overhead system for street lighting is not per se any more dangerous than the underground, but companies have been so pressed with work that they have to employ ignorant and careless men. The subway system will eventually be used because it is more sightly. The alternating current has never really been proved more deadly than the direct, and in fact should be less dangerous thebretically. After the lecture Mr. Davis answered a great many questions from the club.