Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Theatres.

As You Like it.Julia Marlowe and company began a two week's engagement at the Hollis St. theatre last evening, presenting "As You Like it." Miss Marlowe is a beautiful Rosalind, and invests the part with a subtle charm that is irresistible. In the third and fourth acts especially the simplicity and archness, the grace and coquetry of Shakespeare's creation are delightfully portrayed by her. Her company gives her careful and even support, Mr. Plympton especially doing creditable work. The performance as a whole is smooth and satisfactory. "As You Like it" will be presented during this week.

Mr. Barnes of New York.A crowded house greeted the first appearance of the dramatization of Mr. Gunter's celebrated novel "Mr. Barnes of New York." The play differs in very few respects from the book, although several of the tableau scenes are naturally stronger in the play than in the book, notably the "vendelta" scene of the last act. Mr. Robert Hilliard took the part of Mr. Barnes easily and naturally, and shared the honors with Miss Emily Righ who, as Marina Paoli, was an ideal Corsican, strong in love and hate. The other characters were well sustained.

Ben-My-Chree.At the Boston theatre last evening Mr. Wilson Barrett and a very fall company gave the play "Ben-My-Chree." The play itself is of a higher order than are the usual melodramas, but there are a number of striking and discordant inconsistencies in it. Mr. Wilson Barrett's acting was more than excellent, and Mr. George Barrett showed a good deal of merit. Miss Eastlake had some force but rather overacted her part. On the whole the play is well worth seeing.

All the Comforts of Home."All the Comforts of Home" still draws crowds at the Boston Museum, and will continue there until further notice. As might be expected in a farcical comedy the characters are broadly drawn, though consistent. Miss Sheridan as Fifi Oritanski is the most natural, while Mr. Booth as Victor Smythe hardly makes the best of a poor part. Mr. Wilson is comical as Tom McDow, and excites constant laughter by his acting.