Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

No Headline

Mr. W. C. Camp of Yale writes a long letter to the New York Times in defence of the present system of college athletics and criticising the new attempt at "reform." Mr. Camp well expresses the feeling of reaction against the extreme measures of the reformers and their more extreme views which is rapidly spreading among the general and the college public. "College athletic organizations if left to themselves," says Mr. Camp, "would soon work out their own salvation in these matters by learning by experience that a college coach is preferable to a professional, and the knowledge thus acquired is far more lasting and convincing than faculty decrees, rules or regulations." "As all colleges are not likely to agree as to the wisdom of these resolutions," he continues concerning the three-mile rule, "this one looks like an attempt against inter-collegiate contests. Such a blow would weaken the whole college system of physical education. It is the inter-collegiate contest that is the incentive which makes discipline and training endurable to the youth who hates restraint and loves his freedom."