No Headline

The change in the rules of the Weld Boat Club will be very generally approved. It has always seemed unnatural that a students, simply because he happened to join in the fall, was given longer use of the boat house privileges than another who joined in the spring. The reform will certainly be one more thing to commend the boat house to students.

The club is now in excellent condition, and, since new members in the University are probably not well acquainted with its advantages, we wish to state to what membership entitles the students. The boat house is said to be the most costly and the best equipped of its kind in New England; there is a large number of canoes, wherries, and shells, ample locker room, and hot and cold shower baths.

The plant, worth several thousand dollars, was given by a philanthropic graduate who wished to provide means for exercise on the river to more students than those who make the crews. At the time of the year when the club is open, work in the gymnasium is anything but agreeable, and the rowing has made to very many men in the past a most pleasant substitute. It has besides, attracted many men who rarely take any form of exercise. The club needs only to be known to be highly esteemed.