Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Advocate.

The Advocate of May 17 is a very good number. The articles are mostly descriptive, but invariably commendable.

The editorials devote considerable space to athletics: the class races and the class ball games are made the text of paragraphs calling attention to the revival in enthusiasm for athletics at Harvard. This is tributed, not to the revival of class feeling, but to the new responsibility assumed by Harvard in standing alone and to the new facilities in the shape of Norton's Field and the Weld boat house. Attention is also called to the abuse by students of library privileges and to the development of the Semitic, Philosophy and Geological departments.

"Society Logic" is a clever story. The difference between the conventionalism of the East and the free and easy manners of the West is well brought out, but many a reader will regret that Society Logic had to bring about the result that it did.

"Some Private Notes from an Elective Course of Horatio Butts" is natural and vivid in its opening picture of college life. The story is rather touching, but the conclusion is perhaps a little artificial.

"The Lucky 'Cello" is a description. It is very trifling, but carefully written.

"A Wake with the Dying" is another description, somewhat more successful than the preceding one. It contains great accuracy and faithful detail, and the death scene is very forcible.

"Hand-Organ Music: A Reverie," is an honest avowal of a fondness for hand-organ music, faintly heard at a distance, a fondness that more than one of us feels, but which we are either too insincere or too conceited to confess. The essay is light and attractive.

The only verse in the number is a few lines on "Beauty" by S. C. Brackett, whose election to the Advocate board deserves hearty approval.