Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

No Headline

A REPORT that hazing has been renewed at Harvard has recently been widely circulated in the daily papers. A careful investigation has failed to reveal a single case of the sort, however, and we feel that we are justified in absolutely denying the truth of the rumor in question. That college boys play pranks, and that these pranks occasionally leave their traces behind them, is an unalterable fact, well known wherever colleges exist; but that the bullying system, which began with fagging in great public schools, and ended in the scandalous hazing which is said to have existed here two or three decades ago, is still in vogue at Harvard, is thoroughly false.

As far as we can discover, no member of the present Freshman Class has been subjected to any ill treatment whatever; and an intimate acquaintance with the principles of the Sophomores justifies the statement that the leading men of the class are as thoroughly opposed to such proceedings as the Freshmen themselves could possibly be. We feel sure, then, that we shall meet with the approval of all concerned in the matter, when we solicit from any Freshman who has been forced to submit to any indignity whatever a full account of the whole affair, which we engage to publish as soon as its truth is satisfactorily proved.