New England Intercollegiate Press Association.

The New England Intercollegiate Press Association was formed three years ago, mainly through the instumentality of a graduate of Williams, who wished to "raise the standard of college journalism and promote a friendly feeling between the editorial staffs of the various college papers." In connection with the association a paper called The Collegian was established, which aimed to collect and publish the best things written at any of the colleges in the country. This paper after three issues died a natural death, and with it died most of the interest in the Intercollegiate Press Association. This year. However, the editors of the Brunonian and of the Brown Magazine, perceiving the useful work which the association was capable of doing, invited all the New England college papers to send delegates to a meeting to be held at Brown on Decoration Day. At this meeting, which was duly held last Friday, representatives of about twenty New England college papers were present. After a sail down the bay in the morning and an excellent lunch, the business meeting was held. The constitution was thoroughly revised, and the Association put on a stable formation. All New England college papers wre declared members of the Association upon the payment of an annual fee of one dollar. The Wellesley Prelude was chosen the official organ of the association.

After election H. A. Davis of the Harvard CRIMSON president of the association for the ensuing year, the business meeting adjourned. The rest of the afternoon was occupied by a drive about Providence, and at eight o'clock in the evening the delegates assembled for dinner in the Narragansett house. Toasts were responded to by a number of college editors, and by Mr. Alfred H. Williams, editor of the Providence Journal. The thanks of the association were voted to the editors of the Brunonian and of the Brown Magazine for the trouble and expense which they had taken upon themselves in reviving the association, and starting it again upon what should be a most useful career.

The next meeting of the association will be held in November, at a place to be determined by the executive committee.