The Freshman Glee and Banjo Clubs.

Although the Freshman Glee and Banjo Clubs were not organized so early this year as last, yet they both are in good working condition and bid fair to achieve as great a success as the Ninety-three organizations of last year-which is saying a great deal.

The Freshman Glee Club is now composed of the following men: 1st tenors-Sharpe, Morgan, Bacon, Case, Calhane; 2d tenors-Hubbell, Wheel-wight, Kirmen, Kennedy, B. Wells, Eustis, Reardon; 1st basses-Magrath, Battelle, Barney, Beebe, Beals, Wrenn, Prouty, G. Wells, Lakin; 2d basess-Bailey, Frothingham, Green, Pelo, Oliver, Gleason, Bell, Glidden, Crane; accompanist-Conger.

In addition to the names mentioned above in the second basses, it is probable that as the season advances, Cutler, who is on the 'varsity glee club, will sing with the freshmen, and thus reinforce them very considerably. The accompanist is Conger and the leader H. F. Taylor.

Of course the club as now organized is too large, and for the next month it will be gradually thinned out until the number all told is 24. There is a great scarcity of first tenors, and if any men in the freshman class can sing a fair first tenor, they are asked to lend their services. It is to be hoped, too, that more men will take lessons, as nothing will so materially aid the club as the fact of a large, contingent studying. Rehearsals are held twice a week, on Mondays and Wednesdays. As yet no invitations have been received, and no concerts will be given until sometime in March.

The Freshman Banjo Club may be said to be firmly on its feet now, and the temporary leader, E. P. Merwin, is doing all he can to make it a success. Rehearsals are held twice a week, as in the glee club, and the material promises very well. At present the following men are on the club: E. P. Merwin, leader; Colliam, Tuckerman, Olmstead, B. Wells, Snow, Howard. Four of these men play banjos and the other three guitars.