Cycling Meet.

The Harvard University Cycling Association will hold the second annual spring meeting on Holmes Field Saturday, May 23, 1891, at 2.30 p. m. Following are the events:

1. One mile ordinary, scratch, open.

2. One mile safety, handicap, open; pneumatic and solid tires. 3. One mile safety, scratch, open; solid. 4. Half mile ordinary, handicap, open.

5. One mile tandem safety, handicap, open. One mile ordinary, interscholastic scratch, open to all preparatory schools in New England. 7. Twomile ordinary, intercollegiate handicap, open to I. C. A. A. A. A., N. E. I. C. A. A. and M. I. T. 8. One mile safety, scratch, open; pneumatic.

Three very valuable medals (gold, silver and bronze), struck from special dies owned by the association, will be given as first, second and third prizes in the two mile intercollegiate and in all open events, with the exception of the tandem handidap, in which there will be no third prizes, and silver cups will be substituted for gold medals.

A solid silver cup will be given to the Club scoring the most points in the open events, to be counted as follows: First place, five; second, three; third, one.

Special conditions: L. A. W. rules to govern. Pneumatics barred in tandem safety race. The intercollegiate handicap will not be run unless there are five entries. The tandem safety handicap will not be run unless there are four teams entered. Any race in which the number of entries shall warrant it will be run in heats. Entrance fee, $1.00 for each event. Entries close Saturday, May 16, at 12 p. m. The right to reject any or all entries is reserved. Entry must be sent with fees, to F. L. Olmsted, Jr., 13 Wadsworth House, Cambridge, Mass.

A large and convenient dressing room will be provided. It has shower baths attached, and opens on a balcony overlooking the track, and directly opposite the tape.