The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

No Headline

A circular has just been issued by Mr. Edward C. Pickering, director of Harvard College Observatory, which describes arrangements that have been made in order to render the transmission of astronomical intelligence more speedy and accurate. An association of about 50 European observatories has recently been formed, with its headquarters at the Royal observatory, Kiel, Germany, directed by Prof. Krueger, who has taken charge of the business of the association. Connections by cable have been established with South America, South Africa and Australia, and the Harvard College Observatory has been requested to co-operate with it in the United States, by receiving and distributing in this country the telegraphic information sent from Kiel, and by forwarding to Kiel by telegraph any similar information of importance collected from American astronomers. By the courtesy of Prof. Baird, secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, the function hitherto performed by the institution, of collecting and transmitting announcements of discovery, has been transferred to the Harvard College Observatory. American astronomers are requested to send to the "Harvard College Observatory, Cambridge, Mass.," telegraphic information of discoveries of comets, asteroids, or phenomena of any kind requiring immediate attention.