A Bequest to Princeton.

The late Mrs. Robert L. Stuart of New York, whose generosity to Princeton during her lifetime was well known, has bequeathed to the college the sum of $50,000. As the will was first made out, it read as follows:

Sixteenth - I give and bequeath to the College of New Jersey, of which the Rev. James McCosh, D. D., is president, all my books and works relating to natural history and all the minerals, shells and other specimens illustrative of natural history which may remain after the bequest contained in the next preceding article hereof, to the American Museum of Natural History, shall have been satisfied, in conformity with the terms and conditions thereof.

This clause, however, was revoked in the first codicil, and in the second codicil she said:

I give and bequeath to the College of New Jersey, located at Princeton, in the State of New Jersey, to which I have already given largely during my lifetime, the sum of $50,000.

The other educational institutions which received legacies are the Cooper Institute which receives $10,000, and the Princeton Theological Seminary besides a legacy of $300,000 receives a portion of the residuary estate.