FALL RIVERS 6, NINETY-FOUR 4

It is doubtful if a Harvard team ever received more ungentlemanly treatment than that accorded the junior eleven at Fall River on Saturday. The Harvard team repeatedly had to submit to the most unjust decisions, while Fall River men were seldom or never made to pay the forfeits of unfair playing, though several of them were repeatedly warned that they were either holding or playing off-side. Ninety-four played rather loosely and with poor interference, which was not surprising considering the crippled condition of the men. In the latter half, the work was much better. Brooks made a touchdown but missed the try for goal. Several of the Fall River men stood, while this was going on, between the ball and line of the goal post, within a few feet of Brooks and did everything in their power to rattle the full back, but the referee refused to call the men offside. Later on 94 took a decided brace and pushed the ball rapidly down the field until within a few yards of the goal post. Then occurred the most disgraceful of all the proceedings. There was but three or four minutes to play. A centre man of the Fall River team grabbed the ball from Harvard's centre-rush and refused to give it up. In the confusion which followed no time was taken out and the game was thus intentionally delayed till time was called with the ball in Harvard's possession within ten yards of the line.

It will not take many such experiences as this to teach Harvard to refuse to have any connection whatever with this particular Fall River team.

The ninety-four eleven was made up as follows:

l. e. Wheelwright and Ladd; l. t. Jackson and Wheelwright; l. g. Williams, C. Lee; r. g. Clarkson; r. t. Beals; r. e. Wrenn; q. b. Earle; h. b. Gardner and Gleason; f. b. Brooks.