The Harvard Musical Association.

The Harvard Musical Association dedicated its new house at the corner of Chestnut and West Cedar streets, Boston last Friday evening, with a house warming. The association is now fifty-five years old and has had a very useful existence. It was founded in 1837 by members of the Pierian Sodality for social and musical purposes. Graduate members of the Sodality were invited to join and for five or six years the club was very successful.

On commencement the Association held a dinner which was followed by an address in University Hall. After a few years the association separated from the Pierian Sodality as the students showed very little interest in it, and took rooms in Boston. The society tried to keep up the interest in music at Harvard, and it was largely through its influence that a professor of music was appointed. After the war the association took charge of the Symphony Concerts and managed them very successfully for seventeen years.

At the new rooms, a musical library has been collected and social musicals are given fortnightly. Mr. John S. Dwight '32, is president of the association.