Yale Catalogue.

The Yale catalogue for 1892-93 has appeared. It differs but little from that of last year, but shows a marked growth in the university, particularly in the Academic, Scientific and Graduate departments.

There are 1969 students registered which is a gain of 185 over last year. The total number of instructors is 185 against 156 last year. Five new scholarships of $400 each, and 20 of $200 each have been established in the post-graduate department, making a total of 39 graduate scholarships against 13 year ago. There are 23 women in the graduate school, representing nearly every womens' college in the country.

There is a change in the requirements of admission to the Academic department by the introduction of an examination in English Literature. The change will take place in 1894 and will include a knowledge of several of the standard authors. The total list of undergraduate courses is given as 128; a gain of 8 over last year. There are 507 students in the freshman class against 468 a year ago. This includes those in the Sheffield Scientific School.

A noticeable change has taken place in the requirements for admission to the Sheffield Scientific School. One book of Virgil has been added to the requirements, and examinations in English, French or German, Botany, and English History will be necessary. These changes will go into effect in 1895.

The average estimate of expenses has been lowered from $615 to $591, owing to the new system of Commons, Five hours instead of six, as last year, are prescribed in the Academic department. The Faculty of the Graduate department is given as 79.