I. C. A. A. Meeting.

The eighteenth annual meeting of the Intercollegiate Athletic Association was held Saturday afternoon at the Fifth Avenue Hotel, New York. Nineteen colleges, including two newly admitted to membership, were represented and a good deal of important business was transacted.

The colleges and the names of the delegates were as follows:

Amherst, G. Beekman; Columbia, F. L. Pell, B. W. Morris and H. R. Kingsley; Cornell, T. E. B. Darling and F. C. Cosby; Harvard, Russell Beals, W. L. Thompson and C. R. Bardeen; Princeton, P. H. Davis, C. H. Mellvain and W. B. Woodbridge; Union, O. C. Richards, G. H. Miller and H. W. Fox; Williams, C. Wheeler; Brown, W. C. Dorrance and R. C. Taft, Jr.; Wesleyan, R. C. Parker; Fordham, C. J. McCafferty, J. L. Bayard and M. A. Doran; Trinity, C. A. Horne; University of New York, J. F. Tucker, T. B. Penfield and P. C. Pentz; Georgetown, J. Francis Smith; University of Pennsylvania, E. St. Elmo Lewis, H. A. Mackay and F. H. Lee; Columbia College, New York, E. C. Zabriskie, N, M. Donahue and H. G. L. Mackie; Rutgers, G. S. Ludlow; Yale, R. B. Wade, A. H. Jones and W. S. Walcott; Stevens, W. H. Corbett, M. E. Craft and H. F. Kuntz; Swarthmore, G. H. Strout, H. C. Turner.

Of course the most important question was in regard to the undergraduate rule which was proposed by Yale. Harvard's position on the rule was plainly shown by the fact that although her representatives voted against it, they proposed a rule for next year which it is believed will accomplish the result aimed at by Yale. The action of the meeting shows that Yale, in addition to having questionable support for the rule in her own college, has practically none at all among the other colleges. To carry the amendment required a two-thirds majority and there was really a two-thirds majority against the proposal.

The first business brought up was in regard to giving a record medal to Brewster of Yale for the two-mile bicycle race at Manhattan Field last year, it being held that the record was made on a pneumatic tire wheel. It was decided to give a record medal.

An amendment to the constitution was carried providing that not more than eight men should be entered in any one event by a college, and not more than five men be allowed to start in any event. There was also adopted an amendment providing that entries to games shall close at least three weeks before the day of the games. A proposal that a college failing to score for three consecutive years be dropped from the association, was rejected. Brown and Wesleyan were admitted to membership in the association.

In regard to Yale's undergraduate rule, C. H. Sherrill spoke strongly in favor of it, asserting that it would hurt Yale as much as any other college. J. P. Lee suggested that the rules should be amended so as to provide that a man should not be allowed to compete until he had been in college a year The question of adopting the rule was then put to vote with the following result:

Yeas - Amherst, Cornell, C. C. N. Y., Princeton, Yale, Swathmore, Williams, Total, 7.

Nays - Columbia, Harvard, Rutgers, Stevens, Fordham, Trinity, U. of N. Y., Georgetown, U. of Pa., Union, Brown, Wesleyan, Total, 12.

Harvard's proposal to add a three-mile run to the program of the intercollegiate events, was defeated.

The following officers were then elected for 1893: President, R. B. Wade of Yale, Vice-President, E. St. Elma Lewis of Pennsylvania; Secretary, T. Daley of Union; Treasurer M. A. Doran of Fordham; Executive Committee, W. L. Thompson of Harvard, P. H. Davis of Princeton, H. Johnson of Columbia, P. C. Pentz of U. New York.