Fact and Rumor.

Heywood and Lord of Technology are tied for first place in the contest for points won in recent athletic meetings.

J. W. Good won first and C. M. Howell second place in the University of Michigan oratorical contest last week.

The Glee Club will sing at the coffee party in Brattle Hall tonight and at the Artists' Festival tomorrow night.

The joint debate between the Universities of Michigan and Wisconsin was held at Ann Arbor last Friday evening.

A summer school of civil engineering is to be held in the Adirondacks next June under Prof. Burton of Technology.

The highest expense of any one senior at Wesleyan last year was $1,000, the lowest $251, and the average for the whole class $426.

The University of Michigan students in the mechanical laboratory have made a full set of machines to be exhibited at the World's Fair.

On April 18, the Columbia College Dramatic Club will give three plays for the benefit of the Vassar Aid Society. The parts will be taken by students of Vassar and Columbia, and the Columbia Banjo and Mandolin Clubs will play between the acts.

The annual concert of the Technology glee and banjo clubs was given in Huntington Hall Saturday evening.

The students of the University of Wisconsin held a large mass meeting last week and petitioned the state legislature to purchase a large camp.

A cage has just been put in the gymnasium of the University of Chicago equipped with a base-sliding machine, which Stagg invented while at Yale.

Columbia has started a subscription to maintain a 'varsity eleven, and efforts are being made to secure Gill, captain of Yale '90 team, as coach for next fall.

Prof. C. H. Toy is translating and annotating the book of Ezekiel for the prospective version of the Old Testament under the editorship of Prof. Haupt.

Mr. Jinzo Naruse of Japan is here visiting friends and studying American methods of education preparatory to founding a school for women on his return to Japan.

Spalding's Baseball Guide for 1893 contains one very interesting new feature in the form of a chapter which includes the statistics of the 'varsity nines of all the principal colleges.

The Chicago Club of the University of Illinois gave a house warming recently to celebrate the opening of the new club house. The club will give a series of weekly entertainments during the World's Fair.

The Universities of Cornell and Pennsylvania have formed a dual athletic league, adopting a constitution modeled after that of the Intercollegiate Association.