The Yale Commons.

Yale students who board in the Yale Commons received the following notice yesterday morning:

The university authorities desire at this time to call the attention of the students boarding at the dining hall to the importance of maintaining good order in and around the building, and to ask their cordial cooperation in this matter. Hitherto the privileges of the hall have been offered to the members of the academical and scientific departments only, and it is the earnest wish of the authorities that they may be able to continue this arrangement.

The maintenance of satisfactory order and decorum, however, is regarded as so essential, that if this end cannot be otherwise secured, it will become necessary to require the occupants of the hall to withdraw at the close of the term, and to fill their places with other applicants from these or other departments.

Between 450 and 500 students board at the Commons and concerted yelling at trivial occurrences there has become so frequent of late that the faculty has decided to preserve order at all costs.