The Advocate.

After little unfavorable comment on the recent inconsistency of the Faculty with regard to the nineteenth of April, the Advocate in its editorials goes on to a consideration of some important difficulties of the present athletic situation. The gist of the writer's idea is that even if the authorities are convinced of the evil of the present system of athletics, they should proceed carefully in choosing a remedy, lest they crush the symptom and leave the disease untouched. Above all they should beware of weakening the main source of the old "college feeling," which the intensely individualistic tendencies of Harvard are doing so much to destroy.

In the fiction of the number, there is once more noticeable an unfortunate lack of originality. The fault in the Advocate stories is not so much in the treatment of the subject as in the subject treated. The articles, at least in the present number, are very well written. It is only the uninteresting assurance of what is to come, that in a measure spoils the pleasure in following the development of a plot.