New London News.

One of the members of the 'varsity crew has kindly consented to keep the CRIMSON informed of what is happening at the training quarters in New London. The first letter arrived yesterday morning. We publish it entire.

The first detachment of the 'varsity crew to leave Cambridge Saturday who went down to New London early in the morning with the boats. After an early lunch the remainder of the crew left the "Coop." at 12.15, amid cheering and many personal wishes of good luck. The one o'clock train over the Providence division of the Old Colony carried them to New London. With them as far as Providence the nine occupied the same car, and when the baseball men left the train each team cheered the other.

At New London the tug, which had carried up the boats earlier in the day, was waiting at the wharf and, after counting the half-mile posts of the four-mile course, the crew gave three cheers for Red Top.

The usual task of the substitutes-carrying the trunks-followed. There was a general choosing of beds and the usual confusion of getting settled. In the midst of all this the Yale launch passed with its crew aboard and saluted with three long blasts of the whistle. At this the Harvard flag was dipped three times in return for the courtesy. In half an hour the launch arrived and at seven o'clock the crew was on the water for its first New London row this year. N. Perkins is not expected until Tuesday; the coaching in the meantime is done by F. N. Watriss '92.