Yale Students Ill-treated.

[N. E. Associated Press.]

NEW HAVEN, Conn., January 23. - Yale students are indignant at their treatment by New Haven patrolmen at last night's fire. Several claim that they were handled with unnecessary roughness, and one shows a badly battered head which he alleges was received at the hands of a policeman. The aggrieved students declare that they will appear before the board of police commissioners at their next meeting and prefer charges of brutality against a number of patrolmen whose numbers the Yale men have obtained. Five Yale men were arrested during the crush at the fire, charges of obstructing the sidewalk and resisting the officer being preferred against them. They were bailed out late last night and appeared in the City Court this morning. The room was crowded with Yale students and the hearing developed many conflicting points. The hearing was continued until Saturday, pending further investigation into the matter. The crush at the fire has seldom been exceeded here and the police allege that Yale athletes started crowding just for fun.