Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

No Headline

The organization known as the Union of Clubs seems now to be established on a plan firmer - though less elaborate - than ever before. The need of such an organization to furnish a comfortable meeting place for the many smaller clubs at Harvard was felt for some time before measures were finally taken two years ago to supply it. The plans which were then proposed were a trifle too elaborate; they were none too great in proportion to the need, but a trifle beyond what consverative estimates would warrant. The consequence was, that last year the Union of Clubs was unable to continue longer on the same plan as before and, as an organization, practically went to pieces.

Now, however, many of the clubs have come together again and are following out a plan more conservative and perfectly safe. The new rooms are comfortable and answer every purpose of the clubs. The men who have undertaken the responsibility for the new organization are to be congratulated and commended for their work.

In looking over the list of clubs we note the absence of several which were members of the old Union. It is possible that the advantages of the new plan have not been brought fully to their notice. Among those clubs which have failed to join is the Exeter Club. We should like to ask whether this organization is still in existence. It has held no meetings this year and is doing anything but effective work for Harvard or Exeter. It would be encouraging to see a little energy displayed by the Exeter men in college.