Brown's Athletic Laws Revised.

The athletic committee of the Faculty of Brown University has taken decisive action in regard to college organizations. Nine rules have been issued, some of which make a radical change in existing customs. The rules are as follows:

1. No student shall play upon any university team in any contest unless he is a student of the university, regularly registered and in good standing.

2. No student organization shall use the words "Brown University," or either of them, as a part of its name before the public, unless it has received permission from the committee.

3. No performance shall be given for the benefit of a university organization unless the project in all its details has been canvassed and approved by this committee.

4. No graduate students, except such as are enrolled in class 1 in the catalogue (fully in residence), shall be competitors in any contest.

5. No student shall play on any university team who has already played four years upon a similar college team.

6. No undergraduate coming from another college shall play upon any university team untill he has been one year in residence.

7. No student shall take part in any performance of an organization using the name Brown University until this organization has sent to the committee a copy of its constitution, and has further complied with the regulations of the committee by sending to the secretary a list of the possible participants in each performance.

8. The manager of the Glee, Mandolin and Banjo clubs shall submit for approval to the committee all dates for proposed concerts before determining the same.

9. Not more than three match games of baseball or football for any one week, or three appointments for performances by any university organization for any one week, or any games necessitating absence from college exercises for two or more consecutive days shall be arranged without the written consent of the chairman of the committee.