Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

Hare and Hound Runs.

As one who took part in the Hare and Hound run yesterday, I wish to make some suggestions in regard to certain objectionable features of the sport as it is conducted. In the first place, the custom of running through back-yards, across gardens, perhaps through flower beds, and of climbing fences in such a way as to break many of them down, is not only unethical, but illegal. For fifty or more men to make a public high-way of a private yard is a trespass against the rights of the owner. The average back fence, too, is not built with a view to resist the pell mell onslaught of such a mass. Yesterday's course, which went through a score of yards, resulted in some destruction of property and probably aroused considerable ill-feeling against the college. This last we cannot well afford to do. I believe the full benefits of this worthy sport may be obtained without our becoming a nuisance to the community.

There is plenty of fine open country between Fresh and Spy ponds and toward Watertown, Belmont, Arlington and Mystic Lake, where the best advantages of cross-country running may be had without injury to anyone. Nor would the distance be too great if the hares would start directly for the open country.

ONE OF THE PACK.