The English Play.

The second rehearsal of the supernumeraries for the English Play took place yesterday afternoon, and the business for the interims between the acts was carefully rehearsed. About five new men were present, who will take the parts of citizens and apprentices. There will be another short rehearsal today, and the final one with the cast on Wednesday morning. The extension of the stage in Sanders will be completed this evening and all further work on the scenery will be done next week. Mr. Sargent will come to Cambridge on Monday to make the final arrangements. The libretto of the play will be on sale on Monday and will contain some interesting facts about the theatre and plays of Jonson's time. Harper Brothers will probably publish an account of "The Silent Woman" as given here, with photographs of several of the scenes. Today the tickets are on public sale. They have been selling well and the house is expected to be crowded for both performances. Almost all the best seats for the afternoon performance have been sold, but there are many good ones left for the evening. According to the custom of the time the cast will include only men, and will be as follows:

Morose, Mr. Hards.

Sir Dauphine Eugenie, Mr. H. Bostwick.

Ned Cleirmont, Mr. Meyer.

Truewit, Mr. Short.

Sir John Daw, Mr. Fuller.

Sir Amorous La-Foole, Mr. Flood.

Thomas Otter, Mr. Steppling.

Cutbeard, Mr. Rudd.

Mute, Mr. Brown.

Parson, Mr. Bernheim.

Page, Mr. Loveland.

Epicoene, Mr. Blair.

Lady Haughty, Mr. A. Bostwick.

Lady Centaure, Mr. Olmstead.

Mistress Doe Davis, Mr. Sanford.

Mistress Otter, Mr. Harris.

Prologue spoken by Mr. Olmstead.