Prospect Union Addresses.

A very interesting series of Wednesday evening lectures has been announced for the next month at the Prospect Union. These addresses are all given by prominent persons on subjects in which they are especially interested. All members of the University are invited to attend.

April 3. - Personal Recollections of John Bright, Garibaldi, Kossuth and Mazzini. Lecture by Ex-Senator Edward L. Pierce.

April 10. - Some account of Early Book-Making. Lecture by Professor J. Henry Thayer, of Harvard University.

Specimens of ancient manuscripts and of very old books will be shown.

April 17. - The American People Betrayed. Lecture by Richard H. Dana, Esq.. of Cambridge.

A stirring talk on Civil Service Reform may be expected. The relation of wageearners to this reform will be particularly discussed.

April 24. - New Opportunities for Women. Lecture by Mrs. Alice Freeman Palmer, of Cambridge, Ex-President of Wellesley College.

This will be a Ladies' Night. As Mrs. Palmer sails for Europe in the summer, to be away a year, the privilege of hearing her speak will be all the more prized.

May 1. - Semi-annual election of officers and chairmen of committees. Reports will be given of the finances and work of the Union for the past six months. Plans for the summer and for next year will be announced.

May 8. - Strength and Weakness of Socialism. Lecture by Col. Thomas Wentworth Higginson.

Possibly this lecture will be given on another Wednesday of May, but unless prevented by ill health, Col. Higginson will address the Union on some Wednesday evening of the month.

May 15. - Subject is to be announced Lecture by Rev. Samuel M. Crothers.

Dr. Crothers is one of the University preachers at Harvard this year. He is a man of great ability and an interesting speaker.