Williams Baseball.

Despite the fact that the baseball season is near at hand, the make-up of the Williams College baseball team is not yet decided upon. There is considerable good material in training, and it is very probable that a strong team will be on the diamond to represent the college next summer. Capt. Draper has the candidates in the gymnasium, the weather being so cold and the ground in such a had condition that outdoor work is yet impossible. The number of candidates has been thinned down to 16, however, and these have been measured for suits. Trainer Woodcock has charge of the men, and he is giving them rigid work. Among the candidates there are several men who played on the 'varsity last year, and they will do much toward strengthening the nine. Lewis, one of the candidates for pitcher, did excellent service on the team one year ago, and still better work is expected of him this season. Draper will be behind the bat. The other positions are very doubtful, there being more than one good man for each place, with the exception of short stop, which will be filled by Harry Ide of Troy.

The first game of the season will be played April 10, on Weston Field, with Holy Cross, the weather and condition of the field permitting.