A University Infirmary.

Plans for a University infirmary have been under consideration for some time but a lack of available funds has made it impossible as yet to accomplish much that is definite in that direction. However, as the need is so great, it is intended to formulate some sort of a scheme for meeting the present wants, which can be set definitely before the University in the near future.

The plan which seems the most practicable, under the circumstances, is a cooperative one, under which each member of the University who wished to be entitled to the privileges of the infirmary in case of illness would pay a certain annual assessment.

Every effort will be made to get a building adapted to the purposes of an infirmary, but even if there is not enough money raised to do this, it is practically certain that some improvement will be made over the wholly inadequate accommodations offered by the little "hospital" on Holmes Field. As it is now, there is no provision made for the care of patients in the Holmes Field building beyond the furnishing of the few rooms. Nurses have to be specially hired. Next year it is possible that if nothing better can be done a nurse may be hired permanently who can regularly care for patients in their rooms, going from room to room as the needs of each may require.