Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

No Headline

THE doubled usefulness of the small boy - we beg pardon, the page - at the Library suggests a larger sphere for his brother at the Secretary's office. It is a well-known fact that censure-marks and the like can be removed by depositing in the Dean's box a suitable petition; and yet this simple remedy is seldem adopted. This is caused, not by lack of excuses, for, since the hard times began, physician's certificates have been unusually cheap, but by the natural aversion all students feel towards U. 5. Only the longest experience will enable a man to calmly draw near that fatal threshold and unmoved send up his petition. Again, some of us, especially now in the semiannuals, cannot afford the time such a daily task requires. Now these difficulties might be removed by having the Secretary's boy go around each Monday morning and collect the petitions. It is a simple task, for, although at first he must knock at each door, he would soon learn what rooms he needed specially to visit, and could tell almost by intuition the men who had petitions. This may seem but a trifling suggestion, but as it concerns the comfort of so many we gladly make it.