Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

Latest from New London.

[N. E. Associated Press.]

NEW LONDON, CONN., July 19. - Yale and Harvard have done a great deal of hard work on the Thames today, showing that both are in fine condition. The conditions of wind and water were favorable to practice, and the crews spent much time in rowing, both for speed and for improvement of their stroke. At morning practice the crews went over the course and Harvard is claimed, by timers along the course, to have made the four miles in less than 23 minutes. The time credited to Harvard is faster than that given to Yale.

On the lower half of the course, at about slack water tonight, Harvard covered two miles under 11 minutes, but it is doubtful if that pace could be continued through four miles. Harvard did not attempt to continue it, but stopped and Watson coached them from the launch. Yale rowed her best time on the upper course tonight, when she struck a fast gait and rowed far up the river. Harvard's work of the past two days has greatly improved the crew's form and the speed of the boat, for it did the course today in faster time than has before been shown. All indications point to a well contested race next week.