To Commemorate Prof. Whitney.

The Phi Beta Kappa Chapter at Williams is making preparations for the meeting commemorative of the life and work of the late Professor William D. Whitney, of Yale. There are about thirty chapters of Phi Beta Kappa in the American colleges and an invitation has been sent to each. In addition to this, over two hundred invitations have been sent to presidents of colleges and those prominent in educational work.

The members of the Oriental Society of America and of the Modern Language Association of America will be present. Mrs. Whitney will attend, and the addresses will touch upon the leading features of the late professor's work.

Mr. Charles A. Davison, of New York, a classmate of the late Prof. Whitney, will preside. Prof. E. Washburn Hopkins of Bryn Mawr, who has recently been elected to succeed Prof. Whitney at Yale, will speak on "Sanscrit," Prof. Francis A. Marsh of Lafayette College on "General Philology," and Prof. Frank P. Goodrich of Williams, formerly of Yale, on "German Literature."