Junior Football Team.

Today the '98 eleven plays its first hard game of the season against the Lowell Athletic Association at Lowell. So far the Junior eleven has not showed up very well, chiefly on account of the lack of heavy men for the centre positions. The line has recently been strengthened by the addition of Holmes, who played tackle on the Freshman team that defeated Yale. It is still weak, however, and the men do not seem to be able to hold on kicks. The ends are rather slow and do not play hard enough. The tackles fail to make good holes, but are running well with the ball. The centre men, with the exception of Hoague, are rather light for their positions. The backs play a fast hard game but are too apt to fumble. Altogether the team will have to show considerable improvement to stand any chance of winning the class championship.

The line up tomorrow is as follows:

Wadsworth, l. e.; Rice, l. t.; Riggs, l. g.; Hoague, c.; Thayer r. g.; Holmes, r. t.; Flershem, r. e.; Valentine, q. b.; Manning (Capt.), r. h. b.; Scull, l. h. b.; Flint, f. b. The following substitutes go up with the team: Adams, Jordan, Barger, Gibbs, Marvin and Curtis.