Communication.

Changes in Class Day Exercises Proposed by the Corporation.

We invite all members of the University to contribute to this column, but we are not responsible for the sentiments expressed.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

Yesterday the captain of the senior class crew dismissed two of his men for breaking training. If these two men could realize the light in which their class and the college now regard them, their natural sentiment of shame for their dishonorable action would have united to it a feeling of dismay at learning how utterly they have lost the respect of their fellows.

I have looked into the case carefully:

there seem to be no extenuating circumstances. The men deliberately broke the word which they had pledged and the trust which the class had given to them. Their action was utterly dishonorable and unworthy of gentlemen.

Besides the stigma which these men have put upon themselves, they will have to bear the responsibility of having set the worst example to the under classmen that has ever been put before them. That two seniors of experience and trust should be guilty of action which would never be forgiven in even an untried freshman seems incredible.

It is encouraging to note the manly way in which the captain and other members of the crew are acting under the trial. They have rallied together, and deserve more than to make up the loss occasioned by the two men unworthy of all confidence.

A MEMBER OF '92.