University Library.

From the first of October to the 29th of February, 4685 books and 5928 pamphlets (including periodicals) were added to the College Library. Of these, 2522 books and 463 pamphlets were bought. A large number of the periodicals have been bound and placed on the shelves. The books are of a vastly miscellaneous character. Except in a few instances they have been added in small batches of two or three. The largest donation was made early in February by the Hon. Samuel A Green of Boston, a regular donor; it comprised 66 books and 858 pamphlets.

The fund, with which new volumes are bought now amounts to $2,500 a year. This sum is apportioned among the various professors, who designate the books to be purchased.

All the books which were in the basement of Perkins have been removed to Gore Hall. All volumes are now accessible including those still left in the Divinity Library and in the Chemical Laboratory.

The extra books, which have been stored in the eastern wing of Gore Hall, while the repairs were going on in the main part of the building, are now being transferred and put in position in the stacks under the reading room.