American School in Rome.

The Managing Committee of the American School of Classical Studies in Rome will offer for the year 1896-97 three Fellowships, as follows:

A Fellowship of $600, established by the Managing Committee.

A Fellowship of $600, given by the Archxological Institute of America.

A Fellowship of $500, for the study of Christian Archxology, contributed by friends of the School.

The holders of these Fellowships will be enrolled as regular members of the School, and will be required to pursue their studies, under the supervision of the Directors of the School, for the full school year of ten months, beginning October 15, 1896. They will reside ordinarily in Rome; but a portion of the year may be spent with the consent and under the advice of the Directors, in investigations elsewhere in Italy, or in travel and study in Greece under the supervision of the Director of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens. In addition to his general studies, each holder of a Fellowship is required to take some definite subject for special research, and to present a paper embodying the results of his investigation.

The Fellowships here announced are open to Bachelors of Arts of Universities and Colleges in the United States, and to other American students of similar attainments. Applicants must submit (on a blank form provided for the purpose) a full and explicit statement of their work as students up to this time, together with testimonials from their teachers and copies of any papers, written or printed, which they have prepared in the course of their studies.

For further information, address the Temporary Secretary of the Managing Committee, Professor Samuel Ball Platner, Western Reserve University; Cleveland, who will also furnish blank forms of application.

Applications must be in the hands of the Temporary Secretary by May 1, 1896.