The College Nine's Record.

The College Nine played three of the four games scheduled for the recess, winning from the Haverhill team and losing to Fall River and Springfield. The game scheduled with Bangor for Wednesday, April 22, was cancelled on account of wet grounds.

The team has improved consistently, especially in batting. It has, however, lost the majority of its games because they were with strong professional teams. After Stevenson was taken on the 'Varsity, Beale '97 was appointed captain of the nine.

On Saturday, Aril 18, the team was defeated 19-0 by Fall River. Fall River batted Fitz and Arnold freely, and Harvard's many errors made the game slow and uninteresting. Morton's four foul fly catches were the features of Harvard's play. the score:-

Innings, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Fall River, 0 1 2 5 2 3 4 2 0-19

On the following Monday the team easily defeated Haverhill. Harvard batted well, while Haverhill was weak, both in the field and at the bat.

The score:

Innings, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

College Nine, 1 4 2 2 4 1 1 0-15

Haverhill, 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0-3

Last Saturday the College Nine received another defeat at the hands of the Springfield professional team. The latter won because of their superiority at the bat. Both teams played a good fielding game.

The score by innings was:

Innings, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Springfield, 2 0 2 3 1 3 0 1 0-12

College Nine, 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0-2