The Good-Natured Man.

The production of Goldsmith's Good-Natured Man by the Delta Upsilon next Tuesday affords a rare opportunity to see this very entertaining comedy. The play was last given in this vicinity about twelve years ago, when the Cambridge Dramatic Club produced it with great success. While the absence of any strong feminine parts keeps the Good-Natured Man from the professional stage, this very lack, with the strong characterization in the masculine parts, peculiarly fits it for the production by college students. The play is considered by some critics superior to She Stoops to Conquer; certainly the bailiff and the incendiary letter scenes are far more amusing than anything in the latter comedy.

It was largely through the advice of Professor Baker that the society decided to undertake this play; and thanks are due both to him and to Mr. Hayes for their valuable assistance at recent rehearsals. The great improvement in the leading characters, especially Honeywood, Lofty, Miss Richland, and Mrs. Croaker, is due largely to their help.