The Mott Haven Meeting.

As already announced, there will be a meeting of the candidates for this year's Mott Haven team at eight o'clock tonight in Lower Massachusetts.

A number of old Mott Haven men and others interested in Harvard athletics will be present to tell the candidates of the necessity of developing a winning team this year. Among the graduates expected are Dr. Frank Wells '64, giver of the Wells Cup which is competed for by the four classes of each year, T. J. Coolidge '84, captain of the '84 team, G. H. Kip, who formerly held the Harvard hammer and shot records, C. P. Curtis '83, who rowed on two winning crews, R. S. Hale '91, the walker, H. M. Wheelwright '94, captain of the '94 team, S. G. Wells '86, who won the quarter mile at Mott Haven for three years, Walter Loren '83, holder of the standing high jump record of the world and a regular winner of two events at Mott Haven, W. H. Goodwin '84, whose record in the half mile is 1.56 7-8, and George B. Morison '84, graduate member of the Athletic Committee.

The following letter has been received in this connection from Mr. George B. Morison of the Athletic Committee.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

As the time is drawing near when the candidates for the Track Athletic Team meet for the beginning of the ear's work, it seems to be a proper time to say a word from the graduates' standpoint.

The captain and graduate advisors realize the importance of an unusually large representation at this meeting which opens the year's work. There is a great deal of work to be done in the selection of new material, as an unusually large number of the best men of last year's team have left College and their places must be filled by new men, if a winning team is to be made up. There seems to be no reason why Harvard with her large field for selection, larger than any other college has, should not get together a winning team more often than has been the case of late, and it is hard for many of the graduates who were winners on the old Mott Haven Team for years to understand why their clean line of victories is not at least approximated in recent years.

The undergraduates should appreciate what a precedent these older members of the track team have made for them-a precedent of victories not equalled in any other sport at Harvard, and they should do all in their power to get back again into the position that was formerly occupied by the Harvard Track Team. That the graduates are ready to do all they can to aid in this endeavor and that their interest is not lacking, will be shown by the presence of many of them, some coming from a distance, at the meeting on Tuesday evening. Let the undergraduates do their part by making the meeting the largest ever assembled, and show the graduates that there is no lack of interest and enthusiasm.

GEO. B. MORISON '83.