Course in Chamber Music.

Among the new courses announced for next year is one to be given by Professor Paine in chamber music. A most valuable and interesting feature will be a series of ten concerts to be given by the Kneisel and Adamowski Quartettes, assisted by a number of eminent soloists.

These concerts will take place in the Fogg Art Museum or in Sanders Theatre, and will be open to the public. Course tickets can be obtained for seven dollars, by anyone who wishes to hear the music without taking the technical work of the course. For admission to the course itself, knowledge of harmony and proficiency in piano or violin playing will be required. Men who take the course will be charged a fee of five dollars for the concerts. Arrangements will also be made to permit all who desire, to take the course as an extra, but it will not count towards a degree for anyone who is unable to enter into the technical work.

It is intended to study the musical form and construction of well known paino sonatas, piano trios, quartettes, quintettes, septettes, etc., by such masters as Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Mendelssohn, and Brahms, selecting the most characteristic compositions. The concerts are intended as a practical illustration after the music has been thus studied.

A number of works which are seldom performed, such as Schubert's octet and Beethoven's septette, will also be rendered.