Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

No Headline

We are sorry to hear that the freshman class is taking such little apparent interest in the affairs of their class crew. When the crew first got on the water a number of men used to go down to the boat-house, and encourage the members of the crew by their presence. Now there is scarcely ever a freshman at the boat-house outside the crew, and it is now more than ever that the members of the crew need encouragement and support. This year they are going to meet Yale as well as Columbia on the water, and will accordingly have to work all the harder for victory. We don't ask the whole freshman class to go and sit for three hours on the platform in front of the boat-house; but we do think that a visit of only a few minutes from a few of their classmates will go far to show the crew that the class has not entirely forgotten their existence, simply because there is no passage way to the boat house from the billiard-room in Leavitt & Peirce's. We trust that we shall hear no more of this disgraceful indifference on the part of eighty-nine, but that a few men will find time to go to the boat-house every afternoon during the last few days of their stay here.