Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Scholarship at Andover.

From actual statistics it is shown that at Andover the football eleven of last season had a considerably higher scholarship average than that of the whole school.

The following is an extract from The Phillipian in comment:

"It is worthy of note that the scholarship of the football team is decidedly above that of the entire school, and also that one member of the football team was not absent from any exercise during the entire term, and that another member lost but one; also that two men on the football team are on the honor list, and that two others lacked but one mark. It will also be noticed that the upper classes have a higher percentage than the lower, and the classical side is better than the English. The conclusions can be drawn from a study of the figures; that football success is not incompatible with scholarship; that football is an intellectual game, and not merely a test of physical strength, and that the active scholarship rule is favorable not only to scholarship, but also to football success, particularly in view of the excellent record made by this team on the football field last fall."