Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

No Headline

A few days ago we took occasion to notice favorably the rule which had been adopted by a number of our professors, against tardiness at the nine o'clock lectures. We are now led by a number of complaints we have received to suggest to some of our professors that great inconvenience is often caused by the holding of the students in the lecture room beyond the allotted hour. We believe that lectures should begin promptly and that professors should not be annoyed by troops of tardy students, but we believe also that there is quite as much reason for closing lectures with the ringing of the bell. It is, of course, necessary at times for the lecturer to detain his class for two or three minutes. When, however, this delay becomes a settled practice as it has with a few professors we feel that the trouble thereby caused is serious enough to demand a protest. Strict observance of college hours is a virtue which may well be adopted by both professors and students. Tardiness is a contagious habit particularly if it is manifested by one whose position makes him an example for others.