Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Changes in Prescribed English Courses.

At a regular meeting of the Faculty, yesterday afternoon, the changes in prescribed English, as recommended by the English Department, were adopted by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

Voted: That in 1898 and thereafter, until further notice, a candidate for admission, who has passed the examination in elementary English with grade A or B, may take a second examination, which, if passed with grade of A or B, shall exempt him from the prescription of English A.

At this examination, which shall be held in September only, a candidate will write one or more compositions on topics to be selected by him from a list comprising subjects in English literature, the classics, French and German authors, History and Science. The examination will occupy two hours.

Voted: That a student who has attained grade A or B in English A, taken as a prescribed course, shall be exempted from the prescription of English B or B-C.

The Faculty also appointed a committee of the Arts and Sciences to investigate plans for the proposed course in Physical training and to report to the Faculty.