B. A. A. Offer to the A. A. U.

At a meeting of the board of governors of the B. A. A. Monday opposition to the registration rule of the Amateur Athletic Union took shape in a new form. The B. A. A. will support the union and require registration so long as it is a member of the union, but it objects to the principle of registration. Since the A. A. U. claims that the registration fee is necessary to pay its expenses of administration, the B. A. A. has adopted a resolution which disposes of this claim and makes the registration fee unnecessary. The resolution adopted is in part as follows:

Whereas, The B. A. A., while being opposed to the registration rule in general, and especially as applied to colleges and schools, yet nevertheless wishes to uphold the A. A. U. in its promotion and management of amateur athletics; therefore, be it

Voted, By the governing committee of the B. A. A., that should it be found necessary to abolish the said registration rule, the sum of $250 shall be given annually until further notice to the A. A. U. to help pay its running expenses, on the sole condition that three other athletic clubs contribute annually an amount at least as large.

Voted, Also, that the board of governors of the A. A. U. be respectfully requested to take into consideration the advisability of confining the jurisdiction of the A. A. U. to athletic sports and games, in accordance with its name, its original constitution, and the purpose for which it was founded.