Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Book Review.

"Alaska: Its Neglected Past, Its Brilliant Future," by Bushrod Washington Jame; the Sunshine Publishing Company, Philadelphia.

The object of this book is to supply the need for a well illustrated descriptive work on Alaska which shall be as useful for the general reader who wishes to follow with some care the newspaper accounts of the country as for the traveller in the land itself. The book differs from ordinary guide-books in that it is distinctly readable. The geography of the country is thoroughly described and well illustrated by specially prepared maps. The gold mines are located and the conditions of life in all parts of Alaska discussed. The author, who is an authority on all subjects relating to our far west, is himself deeply interested in the land and writes from the point of view of a lover rather than of a casual observer of the region. The last part of the book is devoted to historical data about Alaska, a summary of the necessary articles of food and clothing for the traveller and gold-seeker, and a very complete bibliography of the subject.