The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

The Prospect Union.

The work of the Prospect Union during the last year has been most succesful. The attendance has been fully as large as it was the year before, in spite of the fact that about one-third of those enrolled at the beginning of the year have been obliged to leave on account of the industrial depression. The attendance, each week, has been between 250 and 300.

At the beginning of the year it was thought that it would be a good plan to give certificates to all who had faithfully attended their courses during the year; but as there has been little need for such stimulus, it has been decided to give them only to those who wished them. Diplomas, however, will be given to those who have successfully completed two years' work at the Union.

The Harvard students, who have volunteered their services as teachers, have done their work faithfully and well, and have taken fewer cuts than in previous years; even during the mid-years the men attended their courses or sent substitutes. F. W. Palfrey '98, chairman of the committee on courses, has succeeded in obtaining more teachers from the college than was ever done before. His place will be filled next year by R. L. Hoguet '99.

Among the more prominent men who have spoken before the Union this year are: Professor Palmer, Professor Hollis, Prince Kropotkin, Professor Macvane, Professor Royce, Professor Emerton, Eugene Debs, Professor Peabody. Professor Blake, Dr. Coolidge and Mr. Edward Atkinson.

The classes which have been most succesful were those in Arithmetic, Writing, English and Elementary Latin.